As a membership based organization UNA Tanzania desires to have an active membership base, that engages with the community, and takes the lead in community work , living up to the volunteerism spirit that our foundations are built on, inspiring and being agents of change in Tanzania.
UNA Tanzania was registered in 1964 and is one of the oldest Civil Society Organizations in Tanzania.
We are devoted entirely to; The support of the purposes and principles of the United Nations Charter, Promotion of public awareness and understanding of the activities of United Nations and its agencies and To strive for the recognition of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms throughout the Tanzania and the World.
Our Mission; To carry out capacity building, education, advocacy, lobbying and activism activities to increase stakeholders’ influence and participation in implementing UN agenda in Tanzania.
Who can become a Member?
Membership can be attained by any persons above the ages of 18 and above
Types of Membership:
- Individual Membership
- Institutional Membership (by invitation)
- Honorary Membership (by invitation)
How do you become an individual Member?
It’s easy just go through the following steps:
- Fill in our membership registration form online on our website membership portal or hard copy at our office
- Pay an annual fee of Tsh 20,000 only to our bank account or E-money medium through our M- Pesa Number +255 745 726662
- Membership will cease automatically by failure to pay membership fee for two years consecutively
What are our Membership Values and Incentives?
As a member you are entitled to access on the following:
- Inclusion on our mailing list of available UN and other career opportunities.
- Access to our resource center, on UN related publications, Current Government policies, UN Reports, Monthly E-Newsletters, Global issues and more relevant information.
- Invitation to participate in UNA based dialogues, events, workshops and relevant trainings recommended by the SG of UNA Tanzania.
- Inclusion to a networking platform to interact with other UNA members of similar profiles via online dialogues and on-ground events.
- Access to Starter packs which include UNA Merchandise such as, T-shirt, Caps, Phone Covers, Bracelets, publications by UNA , other partners and a lot more.
- A Certificate of membership
- Invitation to annual Retreats organized by the UNA of Tanzania
- E-Learning opportunities through online courses on SDG, competitions and outreach training programs.
- UN and International Organizations Career Counseling and mentorship opportunities to suit individual member’s profiles
- Inclusion on our online dialogues and activities via mentions and tags on events, campaigns and the opportunity to be featured in our Monthly newsletter as the Star Member Profile of the Month
- Effective Customer care packages through monthly phone calls and occasional questionnaires for and up-to-date database.
- Prioritized in internship / volunteering opportunities
- Recommendations/ endorsements by the SG to active members for participation in international meetings, conferences and training’s (conditions apply)
- An opportunity to take part in member led community initiatives